Hope You Had a Happy Mother’s Day!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother’s Day! Mine was pretty good. I got to hang out with my family and eat my spouse’s famous smoked pork ribs. Mmmmmmm. Pork ribs. They were delicious!

I also got a new Kindle Fire. It’s a good thing too. I’ve had my other Kindle for a while, and it was getting to the point where I would order a new book and I couldn’t download it because my Kindle was too old. The files weren’t compatible. I’ve been reading on my boys’ Fires, but now I don’t have to!

I also had a garage sale this weekend, which went a lot better than I expected. I was convinced no one would show up and I would have to haul all my stuff to Goodwill—which would have been fine, but this weekend was university graduation, so they were stuffed to the gills with donations. I doubt they would have turned me away, but wow! So.much.stuff!

In addition to the fun, there was a little bit of stress over the weekend, but it certainly wasn’t caused by my family doting on me. No, it was just life. I keep trying to tell myself that everything is going to be just fine with the move, that things will work out the way they are supposed to, that most of the stuff is out of my control, but my brain doesn’t always listen.

It starts playing scenarios over and over and shows me the worst-case scenario, making me freak out that things aren’t going to work out the way they are supposed to. This, of course, leads me to stress out and try to find way to fix the problem—even though there might not be any ways to fix the problem. It’s a vicious cycle that leaves me feeling worthless and exhausted.

I’m trying to take deep breaths and lets thing happen, but it’s not always easy. Most of the time, that’s when I turn my attention to writing. I need to do that again. I’ve been a little busy to put words on paper, but that’s going to change. For my sanity, it needs to be soon.

Here’s to looking toward a great week where amazing and wondering things happen! Are you looking forward to anything in particular? I would love to hear what exciting things are headed your way.


Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)