Cursed by Lynn Ricci

Lynn Ricci was born and raised in the Boston area. Her professional background is in financial communications and she pursues her artistic endeavors of writing and painting while enjoying an active family life with her two children and dog, Fenway. In the summer, she enjoys relaxing in Chatham on Cape Cod.
A writer of several published short stories including Daydreams which was picked up for an anthology collection through Outskirts Press, The Dating Intervention is her debut novel and Cursed, a paranormal romance, is her most recent novel released December 2012.
More information on novels available and underway can be found at www.lynnricci.com
When Sarah Carter moves to Boston to escape her past she realizes there's more than meets the eye with the landlord and her mysterious new best friend.
What happened to the owner of this Boston brownstone and what secrets lie within its walls and continue to torment?

And is she actually running back to her past instead of from it?
Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Cursed came to me as I was still finishing my first novel, The Dating Intervention. Being from Boston, and visiting Salem since my youth, witches always intrigued me. They are not all broomsticks and bubbling cauldrons -- and I have respect for those who practice Wicca. Yet, I wanted to tell a tale with a witch crossbreed that followed some of the fairy tale elements of a witch, but deep down she is a woman. And a scorned woman - witch or no witch - is someone to be scared of!

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Well, as I mentioned, I was still working on The Dating Intervention so Cursed took a back seat for awhile. It took close to a year start to finish but I am not disciplined enough - or my lifestyle doesn't allow me to be yet - to write every day.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Escaping. It's like when you read and you plunge yourself into a different world. Writing is similar because you are creating that new world - or revisiting a world you created before. I can sit down to write and it feels like twenty minutes have gone by and it has in fact been two hours.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
It is difficult to find the time to write. So, when I do have the time and the distractions of life are put on temporary hold only to find I am "not in the mood" to write I become very frustrated with myself. You can't always turn it on and off like a light switch.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?I have to say, this is a tough question. Hmmm . . . anyone. Jennifer Garner. I know, not what you were expecting but she popped into my head. She always seems incredibly happy and she is young, rich, girl next door pretty and glamorous all in one, great mom and seems to have a decent marriage - as far as Hollywood couples go - married to a hunky Bostonian. A day in the life of hers can't be that bad!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? It's not food - its actually green gel eye pads with a stretchy head strap. When your eyes need a boost to make the bags go away you put on the cold gel wonders and it freshens your eyes and minimizes the puffiness. My eyes are beyond help though so I should toss them!
Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?I am pretty far along in my next contemporary romance, Matchless. I also have a few others in the works including a prequel to Cursed. It's hard to say which will find its rhythm and get completed first. The idea keep coming and I have two more that I haven't started writing but are starting to take hold.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)